From organizing helicopter flights and clearances all over the country for film crews, arranging interviews with locals from the fisherman in a remote mountain village up to the high-ranking state official or celebrity for documentaries, through recruiting local actors for movie shooting – nothing is impossible within a reasonable time-frame for the close-knit and well-oiled Green Discovery team.
Based on collaborating with a high-profile, professional clientele, GDL has gained ample experience in ‘fixing’ for journalists, film crews (both documentary and fiction), photographers and the like from minutely planning to thorough implementation and support services, as well as running all obligatory official documents.
Guided by the credo ‘always expect the unexpected, nothing is impossible’, our sensitive and circumspect organizers are well versed in handling ever-changing locations and set script alterations by our clients.
Doing media work in Laos requires strict observance of government rules whereas creative activities often need quick solutions in unforeseen situations. There is no wish of our clients that cannot be ‘fixed’ by our staff with its highly positive performance record.
We are proud to rank such honourable institutions or persons to our clients:
- BBC, (E.g. The Tropic of Cancer),
- France Television (faut pas rêver),
- TF1, (Sept à Huit),
- NHK (Japan),
- Discovery Channel (Animal Planet; US),
- Catherine Lim (producer, Channel News Asia, Singapore),
- Stephen Wilkes (photographer, National Geographic magazine),
- Alessandro Zunino (movie director, Italy; “Lost in Laos”) …
– to name a few.
Efficient, broad-ranging pre-production work, usually constricted by a narrow budget, is the trademark of our staff. In accordance with the client’s often very specific requirements and personal wishes, we:
- evaluate destinations and set locations,
- source expat or Laotian experts and organize meetings on any subject,
- Create individual itineraries,
- Deliberate the program’s feasibility in the Lao context and provide advice,
- procure unusual equipment (for instance extensive lighting or sound systems) either by buying or purchasing from the nearest point of availability in-country or abroad,
- provide vehicles of all sorts and secure transportation from point A to B.
Contact us today to organise film permits, logistics, local experts or equipment hire.